"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 21 July 2014

Apologies for previous shortcomings.

On Friday I spent seven hours  writing a pos with the iPad.  I've been using it for months. A year maybe.

The small separate keyboard I bought has given up the ghost.  I'm getting used to the keyboard on the screen of the iPad.

After seven hours ,split in two shifts, I was proof reading the post and had arrived at  the end when POOF!!!   everything but the title disappeared.

My confidence was shattered. My ego shrank to the size of a pin head.

The iPad does things like correct spelling with no help from myself. It replaces words with others completely inappropriate or a bunch of letters without meaning.

I think there may be a devil inside or perhaps  a spell cast, to terrorize me into submission.

I acknowledge fear of my iPad.

I clicked on "publish " before the  last post could escape.

I am ashamed of  the bad  construction.

I proof read it  again. I hope it's adequate .

I'm afraid to roll it back for a final check.

I fear  the devil may reach out and  WHACK !!! ...make it disappear again.

I cannot allow myself to be defeated by a small slim piece of  twenty finger technology.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to worry - we all have our bad moments. My machine keeps nagging that I do not have a twitter account. It is comical as they have produced a little icon for me to use and spelled my name wrong. Like this is ever going to happen.

Anonymous said...

"My confidence was shattered. My ego shrank to the size of a pin head."

I very much doubt that!